4H Jacks or Better Poker by Espresso
Jacks or Better was the original video poker game and it remains a firm favourite with players to this day. The game is easy to learn and it can provide hours of fun and the chance of great winnings. The idea is simple, you are dealt five cards, you can choose which to hold and the rest are replaced. As long as you are then holding a poker hand that contains a pair of Jacks or better, then you will win a payout.
- Play 1 to 4 hands
- Play 1 to 5 coins per hand
- Double feature
- Hi-Lo feature
- Choice of card styles
The objective when playing videopoker is to create the best possible 5-card poker hand. Each hand is played with its own standard deck of 52 cards. The cards are reshuffled before each round of play. Standard poker hand rankings are used to evaluate hands (see Hand Values section).
The game opens with a default coins bet already set. You can choose the value of the coins being played using the COIN VALUE buttons and the number of coins played per hand using the STEP buttons (see Game Displays and Buttons section for info).
The minimum bet is STEP 1, which is 1 coin per hand. The maximum bet is STEP 5, which is 5 coins per hand.
Payouts for winning combos are shown in the paytable in the game and depend on how many coins were bet on the winning hand.
How to Play 4H Jacks or Better Poker
- Use the HANDS buttons to activate the number of hands you want to play and the STEP buttons to set your bet amount.
- Click on the DEAL button to start the hand. Five cards will be dealt to the first hand.
- Choose the cards to hold in the first hand. Held cards in the first hand will appear in all other activated hands. By default the system has an Autohold feature which suggests the cards to hold. This strategy is based on best play practices for the video poker variant being played.
- Once you have selected the cards to hold, click the DRAW button. All of the un-held cards in all activated hands will be replaced with new cards. You can also hold all 5 cards and then click DRAW to keep all original cards as dealt. You win if any activated hand holds a winning combination (see Hand Values section). If there are any winnings, the HI-LO and DOUBLE buttons offer the option to gamble them by playing the Hi-Lo or Double features.
Hi-Lo Feature. In the Hi-Lo game, you put your winnings at risk for the chance to increase them by predicting whether each card in the sequence will be higher or lower than the preceding card. Hi-Lo offers the chance to collect your accumulated winnings after each card and after each level.
Extra Bonus Bet. Before starting to play the Hi-Lo game you can decide to activate the Extra Bonus bet, which costs the value of 1 coin and pays for each successfully completed level. The Extra Bonus paytable is shown on the left side of the game panel. The activation button allows you to activate/deactivate the Extra Bonus bet.
Double Feature. In the Double game, you put your winnings at risk for the chance to double them by choosing a card that is higher than the one revealed at the start of the game. After a successful double, you will be offered the option to collect your winnings or risk them again for the chance to double up once more.
|Natural Royal Flush
|Ace - King - Queen - Jack - 10 of the same suit
|Five cards in sequence of the same suit
|4 of a Kind
|Any four cards of the same value
|Three of a kind and a pair
|Any five cards from the same suit
|Five cards in sequence, not of the same suit
|3 of a Kind
|Three cards of the same value and two unmatched cards
|Two sets of paired value cards plus any other unmatched card
|Jacks or Better
|A pair of Jacks or higher
- RTP: 98.42%
- Max Win: x800
- Supported Platform: TV, Desktop, Tablet, Mobile
- Release Year: 2020
More Jacks or Better Poker games:
Jacks or Better Poker Arrows Edge
Jacks or Better Poker Red Rake Gaming
Jacks or Better: Double Up Poker NetEnt
Jacks or Better Poker BGaming
More 4 Hands games:
4H Joker Poker Espresso
4H All American Poker Espresso
4H Deuces Wild Poker Espresso
4H Steam Joker Poker Espresso
More games from Espresso iGaming Provider: